This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Backpacking Dad Tries Poetry

Over at At Home Dad, a dad safe zone, some of us wrote some poems for our kids.

If you happen to visit the site and find the poem thread, please don't burn any of us. It's a pretty personal site for some of us, and that thread in particular took some guts to post on.

But because I like the one I wrote for Erin I've decided to share it here:

Fair Trade

Please don't bite me
Don't pull my hair
There is no candy in my ear

Please don't hit me
Don't poke my eye
There is no candy in my nose

Please don't pinch me
Don't pull my lips
There is no candy down my throat

I will kiss you
I need a hug
Ah, so that's how you get so close.

Fair trade.

4 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Aww...so sweet! I answered your soda bread question by the way.

Mandy said...

Your poem is very sweet. But the last time I tried poetry, it was the tortured, teenage variety. Oh wait, I think there was some existential angst stuff in university. But other than that, it's all a bad memory for me.

If I get over the HORRIBLE sleep deprivation, I might give it a whirl. Give me a couple of days.

for a different kind of girl said...

I think the last poem I wrote had the lethal nerve to combine the tales of woe that was a boy. And something about clouds.

This was terrifically sweet. No need to toss in a cloud reference at all!

Backpacking Dad said...

Thankfully I never tried the teenaged angst/forlorn love kind of poetry.

Didn't I put in anything about clouds? I thought I had.