This blog is old. You don't want to read an old blog, do you?

If you are not redirected to the fancy new blog in about 6 seconds visit
http://backpackingdad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 2, 2009

O Hai Eight Is

I went on a self-imposed vacation from the internet: stopped blogging, commenting (though I was still reading....shhh) and Tweeting, and answering e-mails sporadically or not at all. Because I don't care. I'm cool; you can tell because I say that I don't care when I really do and then act like I don't and sabotage my own integrity and self by not doing things I like just to confirm how much I don't like them.

I actually "owe" a couple of posts. Not to you. You can go to hell. But I owe a video post/review of a little camera I was given and took with me to Disneyland. Corporate-sellout blogging comes before sappy posts about my daughter handing my wife a candy cane and saying "Open candy pease." I also owe a guest post to Sarcastic Mom. And I owe a guest post to Sarah Morgan (from I think 2007).

But they'll just have to wait. Screw the corporate Man! And the non-corporate Women.

Actually, see how I didn't link to them? That's not out of shame. I can't. I'm writing this on my Blackberry because at the end of my vacation from the internet I broke my laptop and now it has to be sent off to be fixed and although all of that is free because I bought a kickass warranty two years ago I don't get a loaner so I will be computer-less for another week-and-a-half to two weeks.

If you need me I'll be over here. Send me an e-mail so I don't get bored.

Geeky Twitter Aside:

I love my Blackberry, and Twitterberry is a neat application but I follow over a thousand people and I can only do that with any success at all by using Tweetdeck. Without my laptop I'm limited to "@" replies and DMs, and if I pull the DMs with Twitterberry I can't reply directly unless I type "d whateveryournameis" and that's enough of a pain in the ass that I don't reply to DMs on my Blackberry that often. "@" replies yes.

So, if you really want to send me a message in the next couple of weeks (and I encourage you to do so, because I get lonely if I don't have a thousand people wondering what I'm doing) and you actually want a reply, then send me an e-mail. My Blackberry kicks ass at e-mail.

My daughter also asks for "mo' candy", "mo' cooookie", "mo' cake" and "mo' joooce". She has all of her teeth and they're all sweet.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

9 comments:

Annette said...

I hope you get your comments in email. No wonder your gorgeous face hasn't been showing up in my tweetdeck "Twitterdads" column! and you're right next door! Hope you are having a blast at the Happiest Place on Earth, I'm at work making sure other aspects of that company go live when they are supposed to.

Mr Lady said...

My daughter STILL asks for momo whatever. I hope she never stops.

Oh, wait, I freaking hate you. Why am I commenting?

Michelle said...

Glad to see you back, even partially :)

Anonymous said...

Blackberries kick ass at PINNING too - have you figured that one out yet - it's awesome - and free!

Whit said...

I can't believe you went to Disneyland and didn't call. That's why I ignored you during your hiatus.

anymommy said...

I love the 'more' too, especially when they say it while signing 'more' over and over with major emphasis. Hope you enjoyed the break a little.

ChurchPunkMom said...

and you're sweet too! enjoy your techno-freedom while it lasts.. even if it's lonely. ;)

[typing while tipsy means hitting backspace a LOT..]

Anonymous said...

I just wanna know what kind of cam!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

DMed you :-) But seriously, you should be having too much fun to care who sends tweets your way!